In this assignment you are going to choose a song. You can pick any song that you like, just as long as it has lyrics and that the lyrics are in English. Take your headphones and listen to the song that you’ve picked.
Try to just listen and write down the lyrics of the song while you are listening. You can pause if you need to, and you can listen again. Write on a piece of paper, on your computer, or on your ipad.
When you have the lyrics written down, take some time to think about and answer these questions about your song:
1) Choose 10 words or phrases from the text and make a word list. Translate them from English to Swedish.
2) In your opinion, what is the song about?
3) How do you feel when you listen to the song?
4) Do you like the song? Why/Why not? What is it about it that you like or dislike?
5) Does this song make you think of something else? Can you compare or connect the song to another work of art that you know about? (Another song/text/film etc.)
6) What do you know about the artist/singer/group/author? Write a short essay or tell you teacher about it using only English.
(Lektion skapad av: Linnea Argårds, Örebro universitet, Örebro – http://www.lektion.se)